HONOLULU – As the final program of its Centennial Service Campaign in 2019, Servco Pacific Inc. (Servco) presented two-year loans of Toyota or Subaru vehicles to 10, 501(c)(3) nonprofits in Hawaii. Through an RFP process administered by the Hawaii Community Foundation, nonprofits applied by describing how the vehicle will be used to enhance the services they provide in the community. The awardees were selected by a committee of Servco employees and includes a range of uses for the vehicles:
- Aloha Harvest – Toyota Sienna LE
- Contribute to food rescue operations, especially for donors that cannot accommodate large refrigerated trucks
- Honolulu Theatre for Youth – Toyota Sienna LE
- Increase access to live educational theatre opportunities to students in geographically remote locations.
- Lunalilo Home – Toyota Sienna LE
- Food deliveries & transportation of seniors to doctor’s appointments and activities.
- Rehab Hospital of the Pacific – Subaru Forester
- Provide transportation for patients, caregivers, clinical staff and therapists to conduct pre-discharge home side visits for over 300 individuals annually.
- Susannah Wesley Community Center – Toyota Sienna LE
- Provide learning excursions to at-risk youth, transport food from Foodbanks to address youth food security needs
- Touch a Heart – Toyota Sienna LE
- Provide transportation for homeless & disadvantage youth to job training and certification programs, paid internships, etc.
- Kauai Economic Opportunity – Toyota Sienna LE
- Transportation of homebound meals to elderly population (approx. 50 meals daily)
- Project Vision Hawaii – Toyota Sienna LE
- Provide remote vision screenings and services to isolated areas on Kauai.
- Maui Ocean Marine Center – Toyota Tacoma 4×4
- Used for the rescuing and rehabilitation of sea turtles on Maui.
- Hawaii Island HIV/AIDS Foundation – Toyota Sienna LE
- Provide a mobile service unit to provide more comprehensive case management during in-home visits, mobilizing syringe exchange programs, etc.
“There are a lot of nonprofits in Hawaii that could really use a vehicle to enhance the services they provide, and we knew we could help,” said Mark Fukunaga, chairman and CEO of Servco. “As our final Centennial Service Campaign program, we wanted to show how mobility can unlock more good in our communities with the help of these nonprofit organizations.”
Vehicles were presented to Oahu nonprofits on Friday, January 24, the Big Island nonprofit on Thursday, January 30, and Kauai and Maui nonprofits on Friday, February 7.
About Servco Pacific
Celebrating its 100-year anniversary in 2019, Servco Pacific Inc. is Hawaii’s largest privately held company with over $1.8 billion in annual revenues and 2,000 team members spanning Australia, Hawaii, and California. Founded in 1919 (as a two-car repair garage), Servco is now a diversified business with operations in automotive distribution & retail, car sharing, appliance distribution & retail, and venture & growth capital. Through our businesses we help steward world-class brands including Toyota, Lexus, Subaru, Fender, Harley-Davidson, Hui, and General Electric. Servco is one of the Top 20 largest automotive dealer groups based in the U.S. and has been recognized as one of the “Best Places to Work in Hawaii” for 15 consecutive years. For additional information, visit www.servco.com.
# # #