Left to right: Emily Fukunaga, Director, Supply Chain Management Transformation, Servco Pacific Inc.; Shine Winter; Hoku Tiwanak; Andrew Nguyen; Christopher “Bubba” Casupang; Jenna Weigelt; Logan Lau; Niko Banto; Macie Lum; Anabel Kinsey; Maverick Yasuda; Mark Fukunaga, Chairman & CEO, Servco Pacific Inc.
This year, the Fukunaga Scholarship Foundation announced the 10 recipients of the Fukunaga Scholarship for the 2023-2024 academic year at its annual Fukunaga Scholarship mixer held at the Oʻahu Country Club.
The Fukunaga Scholarship is awarded to encourage students from Hawaiʻi to work towards a career in Business. Each scholarship recipient from the 2023 cohort will receive $20,000 over four years (or a pro-rated amount over fewer years).
The 2023 recipients are:
- Niko Banto – Babson College
- Christopher “Bubba” Casupang – University of San Diego
- Anabel Kinsey – Fordham University
- Logan Lau – Stanford University
- Macie Lum – University of California Irvine
- Andrew Nguyen – Yale University
- Hoku Tiwanak – Oregon State University
- Jenna Weigelt – University of Hawaiʻi at Manoa
- Shine Winter – Western Colorado University
- Maverick Yasuda – Harvard University
Founded in 1950 by Peter Fukunaga, the founder of Servco Pacific Inc., the Fukunaga Scholarship Foundation offers scholarships to Hawaiʻi residents pursuing a career in Business by earning an undergraduate degree from any accredited four-year college or university. Four-year scholarships are awarded to students in increments of $5,000 annually. Over its 73-year history, the Foundation has supported over 500 students, with 38 students currently attending colleges and universities throughout the United States.